Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fishing and Outdoor Activities Can Be Fun For Kids and the Whole Family

I remember being a little kid, 4 years old or so. My dad started taking me with him fishing at that age. There was a lake less than 1/2 a mile from our house. I loved spending time on the lake trying to catch those fish. I also loved getting to spend time with my dad, it was a lot of fun.I learned the basics of Bass fishing later on in life from a cousin that is about 10 years older than me. I remember watching him go out in his boat at the lake and he would always catch a lot of fish. The fish we caught in that lake were Large mouth Bass. They were always a lot of fun to catch.I used to spend hours and hours at the lake, and not just fishing. The lake was surrounded by about 400 acres. I would take my dog with me and we would go hiking all over the place doing all sorts of fun outside activities.Kids today are too busy playing video games or watching television. Don't get me wrong I did my share of those thing too but I always enjoyed the outdoors more. No wonder so many children today are obese, they not only eat the wrong types of foods they don't get enough exercise because they spend so many hours inside.The outdoors can be one of the greatest experiences of a kids life. Thank goodness I got to experience that myself. So, if you have young children then get them outside fishing or exploring the out of doors. It is not just good exercise, it is also a good way for you to experience the out of doors as a family.